Let’s face it: summer is always more enjoyable if you have a great deck to relax on. You can use it for entertaining, barbequing, or soaking up the beautiful weather. If you’re thinking of putting in a new deck, check out these great decorative deck design ideas:
- Size and Location: You can make almost anything work when it comes to designing the size and location of your deck. You can have it on ground level, up on legs, or even completely separate from your house. Lower-level decks allow you to have a smooth transition to the yard, while you could add stairs for a deck that extends from the second level of your house.
- Material: You can choose from a variety of materials for your deck. Choose something that matches the style of your home and your personal tastes.
- Add Favorites: You can have built-in features that match your lifestyle. You could have a permanent deck bar, a pool, a fire pit, or even a sound system with speakers installed in the perimeter.
- Roofs and Overhangs: If you want to be able to enjoy the summer heat without the sun beating down on you, consider adding a roof or overhang on your deck. Slat roofs and glass overhangs are popular options.
- Finishing Touches: Don’t forget the details when it comes to finishing your deck. You can add balusters and post caps or do something funky with railings. Think about adding lighting to complement your beautiful space.
Decorative deck design is an art, and you can be the artist! Bring in your ideas for a free quote from our team at Race City Roofing today. If you struggle coming up with your own designs or feel like you lack any sort of creativity, come in and take a look at our decorative deck design ideas to get you started.