At Race City Roofing, we want to help you do what’s best for your home or business, and a big part of that is making sure that your roof is in good condition. If it’s time to replace your roof, you’ll also need to decide which material is best for your needs. One option that has been gaining popularity in recent years is metal roofing, and in this article, our team will go over some of its pros and cons help you decide if it’s right for you.
- Durability – Metal roofing is extremely durable, and is highly resistant to wind, fire, and even impact damage. As a result of this toughness, a metal roof has a life expectancy of 50 years or more.
- Versatility – Metal roofing is also highly versatile and available in a variety of colors and styles to match any architectural style. Some metal roofing options can even mimic the look of slate, shake, or tile roofs, without the weight or maintenance that comes with the real thing.
- Energy Efficiency – This option is also excellent in terms of energy efficiency, reflecting the sun’s rays away from your home to help reduce your cooling costs in the summer.
- Initial Cost – Compared to asphalt shingles, metal roofing has a higher upfront cost. However, the long-term energy savings make it a worthwhile investment to many homeowners.
- Installation – Metal roofing can also be more difficult to install, which means that some roofers aren’t willing to work with it. Our team is not among that list, and we are happy to help you with all of your roofing needs.