If you look around, you’ll likely notice many homes and businesses these days have metal roofing. It might have even gotten you thinking that perhaps shingle roofs are on their way out. The reality is that is far from the case. Shingle roofs are still quite popular for new construction and when it comes time for roof replacement. Here are some reasons why that is the case:
- Affordable- The upfront cost for shingle roofs is lower than metal ones. While you might need to replace shingle roofs sooner, they are still a great solution.
- Innovations- Shingles manufactured today are more durable than those made years ago, so you can get a longer life from a quality shingle than you might think.
- Warranties- Since shingles are being made better these days, the warranties are longer than they used to be, especially when you have them installed by a certified or preferred contractor.
- Variety- There are more styles of shingles these days than there used to be, so you can easily get the stylish appearance you want for your home.
- Quieter- Unless you just happen to love the sound of rain and other noises that you can hear best with a metal roof, you’ll want to go with shingles for a quieter living space.
If you would like to know more about shingle roofs and how they compare to metal, reach out to us at Race City Roofing. We are equipped to handle both types of roofing and will give you all the information you need so you can make an informed decision. Contact us today to learn more or to make an appointment.