Metal roofs are an option that homeowners often overlook when it comes time to replace their roof, but metal roofs offer many advantages, and they might be an option you should consider. Here are 5 advantages to metal roofs:
1. Longevity – Typical asphalt or shingle roofs only last for a maximum of 20 years. But metal roofs have a much longer life expectancy– depending on the type of metal used, metal roofs can last anywhere from 40-70 years.
2. Fast and Easy to Install – Metal roofing materials come in wide panels or multiple-shingle sections, making them quick and easy to to install, and the process is made even easier thanks to the low weight of the materials.
3. Fire and Weather Resistant – Metal roofs are extremely durable and can withstand strong winds and severe weather. Metal roofs are also non-combustible and have been given the highest fire resistant rating (class A).
4. Practically Watertight – Due to the slippery surface of a metal roof and the way its panels interlock, snow just slides right off, and it’s almost impossible for rain or water to make its way through.
5. Energy Advantages – Metal roofs are energy efficient. They reflect radiant light, which reduces heat gain and can significantly cut down on your cooling costs.
As you can see, metal roofs offer many benefits, and while there are a couple of disadvantages you’ll want consider, such as cost and noise, if you’re about to build a new home or replace an old roof, a metal roof is an option you just might want to consider.