You don’t want to wait until rain is pouring through your ceiling to realize it’s time for a new roof. Here are a few signs you can look for to determine if it’s time for a roof replacement:
- Damaged or Missing Shingles – If your shingles are torn, missing or curling, it could be a sign that the shingles are past their prime and are no longer doing their job.
- Shingles are Shedding – As shingles age and experience advanced wear, they being to lose their granules, and when this happens, you will often find large amounts of these granules in your gutters.
- Seeing Outside Light through the Roof Boards – Go into your attic and see if any light is coming through the boards. If light is coming in, then you can sure that water is, too.
- Any Signs of Moisture or Water Damage – Again, check in the attic for signs of moisture or mold along the roof boards, walls, and attic insulation. Any moisture coming in is a sure sign that your roof is not doing its job.
- Roof Age – Along with doing a visual inspection, you should also take into account how old the roof is. The majority of roofs will last about 20-25 years before a roof replacement is needed; however, how the roof was installed, the number of layers of shingles, and severe weather and wear can affect a roof’s lifespan, and it may need to be replaced even sooner.
If you notice any of the signs above, call us at Race City Roofing right away, and have us come take a look. We will be able to determine if your roof just needs a few repairs, or if you need a full roof replacement.